Everything we do depends on what we think and feel.
At the root of our thought process is how we think about ourselves.
The relationship with yourself is a filter for everything else.
Most of us don’t realize the way we treat ourselves and the impact that has in our lives.
We can be treating ourselves like a kid and not notice.
This is how it shows up:
- We listen to our inner ‘bully.’ (You’re not good enough or stupid).
- We ask for ‘permission’ to other adults before making a decision
- We want to do things perfectly. (A = good job)
- Comparing ourselves to others and who’s popular.
- We punish ourselves if we make a mistake.
- We feel pressure to ‘explain’ ourselves.
- We worry people will make fun of us.
- We want to get approval from adults and want everyone to like us.
- We tell ourselves ‘we can’t do that.’ (hold ourselves back from our goals).
- We’re not sure how to process our emotions.
If this has been your experience, it’s OK.
You can create a better relationship with yourself.